New Adult Volunteers
4-H Adult Volunteers
Our volunteers are a key part of the 4-H Youth Development Program.
By volunteering, you are helping to grow the skills of 4-H youth to be our future leaders.
Ways You Can Volunteer
Volunteering in 4-H is flexible and rewarding. Share your expertise and experience with the youth and other volunteers to make things happen!
All 4-H volunteers must apply and be appointed annually.
Process to become a new 4-H Adult Volunteer
STEP 1: CHOOSE A 4-H CLUB
List of Santa Cruz County 4-H Clubs
- Contact the club leader to learn more about the volunteer opportunities available in the club.
- ADULT ENROLL IN 4-H on-line ZSuite enrollment system
- ADULT PAPER ENROLLMENT FORMS.
- *FOR SPANISH: the 4hOnline system is only in English. You can fill in the paper enrollment packet in Spanish and turn it in to your club leader or county staff for them to enter it into 4hOnline for you. Please keep a copy of the paper forms in your records.
STEP 3: PAY REGISTRATION FEES
- 2023-2024 4-H ENROLLMENT FEE PAYMENT:
- $67 youth member
- $28 adult leader
- Payment options:
- CASH/CHECK DISCOUNT -Pay directly to your 4-H community club leader.
- ON-LINE payment survey system! - Additional $3 processing fee will apply for credit card transactions.
Fee waiver assistance is available for families to cover the 4-H enrollment in financial need. A family will need to complete the 4-H fee waiver form. After completing the 4-H fee waiver form, turn it into your 4-H community club leader or 4-H office staff.
4-H volunteer leader Approval process:
The County Director or 4-H staff reviews and approves 4-H volunteer appointments after:
- You are signed up in 4-H On-line.
- You have passed the screening process.
- You have completed all of the on-line New Volunteer training required.