2018 Snow Camp
Snow Camp 2018
Santa Cruz County 4-H Snow Camp Committee
Join 4-Her's from Santa Cruz, Monterey and San Benito Counties, February 16th to 19th at 4-H Snow Camp.
4-H Snow Camp is a semi-structured, family-oriented winter camp. Spend the weekend at 4-H Snow Camp at South Shore Lake Tahoe, at Nevada 4-H Camp located at the bottom of Kingsbury Grade, in Stateline, Nevada.
4-H Snow Camp :
- Cost: $150.00 per adult or member and siblings under 5 are free
- Cost Includes: 4 days, 3 nights lodging and meals at Nevada 4-H Camp in Stateline, Nevada
- Check in: 2:00pm-9:00pm Friday
- Check out: 9:00am Monday with a sack lunch for the ride home.
- Hot Breakfast, packed Lunch, Dinner
- Heated Mess Hall
- Heated Cabins
- Daytime advantages and activities you may participate in on your own:
- Ski and snowboarding at Heavenly Valley
- Ice Skating, rock climbing in town at the main shopping mall
- Sled at nearby hills
- Build a snowman at camp
- Sled run
- Play board games and card games in mess hall
- Craft actives in mess hall
- Only friendly snowball fights in designated roped off areas. All 4-H members and families entering this designed area agree to play a friendly snowball game! Remember to respect each other.
Come back to camp for hot cocoa, dinner and evening activities. Heated cabins and hot showers, too!
Camp does not provide linens or bedding – make sure to bring sleeping bags, pillows and towels.
Campers encouraged to bring a box of hot cocoa, tea or cider packets and a dozen cookies to share.
*Attendance at snow camp is a privilege. All adults must have attended on-line leader orientation training and have been fingerprinted prior to attending camp. Campers MUST be in good standing in their clubs and MUST abide by the 4-H Code of Conduct while at Snow Camp.
All children under the age of 5 attending 4-H snow camp are NOT covered by the 4-H insurance, since they are not registered 4-H members. You must be a register 4-H adult leader or member to be covered by 4-H insurance.
Register on line at: Snow Camp On-Line Registration
Please make checks payable to:
Santa Cruz County 4-H, put “snow camp” on the memo line.
Mail Registration form by December 15 to:
4-H Snow Camp 2018
c/o Diane Sampson
7 Cutter Cove, Watsonville, CA. 95076
Camp chores will include restroom, cabin and common area cleanup. Chores will be assigned by random drawing upon arrival at camp on Friday night.
4-H membership registration forms, medical release and code of conduct forms are available at http://www.ca4h.org/Resources/Publications/ under 4-H Enrollment Forms.
Directions… take 680, 101 and 80 to Hwy 50 in Sacramento. Go East on Hwy 50 up over the Sierras to Lake Tahoe. 104 miles from Sacramento, turn left onto the lake shore part of Hwy 50 and continue on to Nevada. Turn left on 4-H Camp Road, right after the Golf Course. 256 miles, 4 hours, 38 minutes.