Area Nutrition, Family and Consumer Sciences Cooperative Extension Advisor
Date Posted: February 5, 2018
Closing Date: April 6, 2018
The Area Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor for Nutrition, Family, and Consumer Sciences (NFCS) will conduct a multi-county based extension, education and applied research NFCS program to meet clientele needs in Fresno and Madera Counties. The CE advisor will provide leadership to the University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE) low-income nutrition education programs funded by the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) and the UC CalFresh Nutrition Education Program (a SNAP-Ed Program). Refer to AP#18-03.
Major Responsibilities include:
- develop an applied research program, evaluate programs, and report accomplishments, results, impacts to scientific and lay audiences;
- evaluate programs and report accomplishments, results and potential or actual impacts;
- complement UC ANR’s Strategic Vision, and Cooperative Extension’s credibility and visibility.
- develop collaborative teams with other UC ANR academics, including CE specialists, AES faculty, CE advisors and others, to address priority issues for UC ANR.
- A minimum of a master's degree or other advanced degree in nutrition, health education, human development or a closely related field.
- Must possess an understanding of nutrition through academic training and/or professional.
- Professional experience in program and personnel management and academic training and/or professional experience in program design and research methodologies
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
Possessing the ability to apply low-literacy and cultural/ethnic principles to program-research design and community collaboration and bilingual communication skills in Spanish or an Asian language are highly desirable attributes.
This position is headquartered in Fresno, California (Fresno County).
Beginning salary will be in the Assistant Cooperative Extension Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding Cooperative Extension Advisor salary scales, please refer to: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/271532.pdf.